15 dic 2014

ERIC RUPE | 40 AÑOS DE BMX NO ES NADA....

     Ayer, en el Facebook de la revista impresa BMX PLUS! , aparecían la imagen y el texto de RUPE
     con equipación naranja y #865....
  

Y esto es lo que ha puesto Rupe en su Facebook personal:

It even trips me out when I think how long I've been racing BMX. 40 YEARS ! My dad asked me when I was in my 20's... "how much longer you gonna race that bike anyway?" And no... I still haven't been able to give him an answer.
‪#‎bmxforlife‬ ‪#‎oldscool‬ ‪#‎REALLYCOOL‬ ‪#‎oakley‬ ‪#‎vans‬ ‪#‎flyracing‬ ‪#‎odi‬ ‪#‎uglykidclothing‬ ‪#‎extremeteambmx‬ ‪#‎trulyblessed‬ ‪#‎tu
 

BMX Plus! Magazine
When we ran into Eric Rupe, the winningist rider in BMX history at the USA BMX Grand Nationals, our first question was naturally, why the number 865?

With a nea...rly unstoppable career that has spanned decades and brought about titles in nearly every sanction, class and country, why would you choose to run #865?

The answer was pretty simple and pretty rad when you could just as easily be running a #1. So we pooled this with a few more Rupe facts just for fun.

Eric Rupe...
1- #865 was the first number I was issued by the NBA in 1974.
2- this year's grands was my 30th in my lifetime. (record)
3- this year I finished my 40th year of racing BMX nonstop. (record)
4- eight shiny silver ABA/USABMX Championship cups (record)
5- seventeen professional national championships. (record)
6- eleven pro and amateur world championships.

USA BMX keeps talking about the three in a row pro title record, but call us in 40-years and see if you can contend with these. Where do you rank up?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario